Job’s Character and Wealth: Job 1:1-5
Job’s Character and Wealth
There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil. And there were born to him seven sons and three daughters. His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east. And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them. And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.
- 1God’s Sorrow Behind the Rainbow
- 2The Key Points of the Samaritan Woman Recognizing the Lord Jesus Was the Messiah
- 3What God’s Intention Is Behind the Story of Noah’s Ark
- 43 Reasons Why Abraham Was Blessed by God
- 5Know God’s Righteous Disposition From King David’s Experience
- 6Why Did the Lord Say Blessed Are the Pure Heart?