Ninevites’ Sincere Repentance Wins Jehovah God’s Mercy: Jonah 3:5-10
true repentance of the Ninevites5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them. 6 For word came to the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes. 7 And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water: 8 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily to God: yes, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands. 9 Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?
10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do to them; and he did it not.
- 1I Would No Longer Misunderstand Job
- 2Gamaliel’s Merits and Shortcomings - Bible Character Study
- 3What Kind of Christian Can Really Obtain God’s Approval?
- 4Knowledge of Noah’s Obedience
- 5Bible Study on John 9: Why Jesus Said, “If You Were Blind, You Should Have No Sin?”
- 6King Solomon’s Trouble: Emptiness