The Tower of Babel – Bible Stories – Genesis 11:1-9
The Tower of Babel
And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelled there. And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for mortar. And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach to heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad on the face of the whole earth. And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men built. And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech. So the LORD scattered them abroad from there on the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from there did the LORD scatter them abroad on the face of all the earth.
- 1Why Did the Jews Resist the Lord Jesus Along With the Pharisees?
- 2What Does the Verse in Revelation About Not Adding Things Refer To?
- 3Matthew 20:20–23: Reflecting on the Scripture “John’s Mother Salome Makes a Request of the Lord”
- 4Why Didn’t Paul’s teacher, Gamaliel, Gain God’s Salvation?
- 5How to Deal With Prophecies of Jesus’ Coming in the Last Days
- 6What Are the Standards for Being Overcomers in Revelation?