Moses Strikes the Rock – Bible Story
Water From the Rock
And all the congregation of the children of Israel journeyed from the wilderness of Sin, after their journeys, according to the commandment of the LORD, and pitched in Rephidim: and there was no water for the people to drink. Why the people did chide with Moses, and said, Give us water that we may drink. And Moses said to them, Why chide you with me? why do you tempt the LORD? And the people thirsted there for water; and the people murmured against Moses, and said, Why is this that you have brought us up out of Egypt, to kill us and our children and our cattle with thirst? And Moses cried to the LORD, saying, What shall I do to this people? they be almost ready to stone me. And the LORD said to Moses, Go on before the people, and take with you of the elders of Israel; and your rod, with which you smote the river, take in your hand, and go. Behold, I will stand before you there on the rock in Horeb; and you shall smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel. And he called the name of the place Massah, and Meribah, because of the chiding of the children of Israel, and because they tempted the LORD, saying, Is the LORD among us, or not?
- 1God’s Sorrow Behind the Rainbow
- 2The Key Points of the Samaritan Woman Recognizing the Lord Jesus Was the Messiah
- 3What God’s Intention Is Behind the Story of Noah’s Ark
- 43 Reasons Why Abraham Was Blessed by God
- 5Know God’s Righteous Disposition From King David’s Experience
- 6Why Did the Lord Say Blessed Are the Pure Heart?